We are all taking our turns being sick at the Hyde House
I feel this strong urge to disinfected our home...
I know there are good bacteria that we want around so I was trying to find something that will disinfected but not kill everything.
So this is what I found and am going to try out.
2 different recipes:
#1 Antiseptic All-Purpose Cleanser
(I'm using this in the bathroom and Kitchen)
1 teaspoon antiseptic essential oil
(I'm using cinnamon and clove)
1 teaspoon washing soda
2 teaspoons borax
1/2 teaspoons liquid soap or detergent
2 cups hot water
Mix it all well in a spray bottle
Spray and leave for a few min. so the oils can work,
then wipe up.
Storage: leave in spray bottle
Shelf life: Indefinite
#2 Surface and Air Disinfectant
( I spray and leave it on doorknobs etc. or just spray in the air)
up to 3 essential oils
14 drops or so.
( I'm using lemon and tea tree oil, I want to kill staph bacteria)
Any antiseptic essential oil will work
1/2 cup rubbing alcohol or vodka
1/2 cup distilled water
Mix in a spray bottle
Storage: leave in spray bottle
Shelf life: Indefinite.
I've only made the first one so far and hope to make the other one today once I find time to go to the store. I'm excited to try them out, I'll post soon to let you know how I liked them!