Monday, May 1, 2017

Pizza Crust

To say I LOVE Pizza might be an understatement, and homemade can be the best. Over the years I've tried different recipes looking for a good crust. Stop looking, I have it! I've come up with the best recipe.


The way you mix the dough makes the difference.
First add hot water, yeast, and sugar.
Then sprinkle the flour on top with salt and seasonings.
Then you let it sit for a few minuets.     


I love the smell of the yeast in the warm water.

 
I mix my dough in the kitchen aid for a few minutes, and divide the dough in to 1/3  for thin crust or you could do 1/2 for a thicker crust. I prefer a thinner crust.   



I like to use plain tomato sauce and add a dash of seasonings
and then top with toppings. My favorite is bacon and pineapple. 
Kiddos like it plain Jane just cheese.  




Here's the yummy recipe:
(To print, click on title)
2 C. Hot water
3 tsp. Yeast
1/4 C. Sugar
4 1/2 C. Flour
3 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/2 tsp. Onion Powder

Mix water, yeast, sugar. Add flour, salt and seasonings. Mix in mixer till no longer stick to bowl. 3-5 min (I sometimes add a bit more flour) Divide into 3 (or 2 for thinker crust) let rest for 5 min spray pan with non stick spry, roll out dough, top with sauce and toppings. Bake 400* for 10 mins.