Saturday, January 18, 2020

January colors


January can be a cold, dark month. However there is such beauty all around us if we look for it.
I do enjoy the colors winter brings.  

On this particular day I was looking to make it a bit more special, one of our kids has a birthday this month. I feel like this might be a hard month to celebrate your birthday. We ditched our homework and took to the hills to go sledding. I think what made it magical is it was a school night so no one else was there, and it always feels a little more adventures when you are out after dark. We ended our adventure with this beautiful sunset. Winter gives us some beautiful sunsets. 






When we got back home I checked on the girls to make sure they were "tucked in" for the night and was surprised to find all 7 of our chicks laid eggs, this hasn't happened since summer. We've been getting about two, four on a good day. It wasn't a particularly warm day either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment