Or soon to be...I've always been in love with the country and country living. I recall as a young girl driving through Kansas thinking, this is it! I loved the open space. Growing up in Utah has had its own beauty,
The mountains are aw inspiring, the lakes and clear streams are amazing. You're defiantly land locked, and the openness I love seemed hard to find. Not to long after our marriage, Jeremy also realized he too wanted land and space. Over the years of schooling, kids, and new jobs, we've always keep the idea in the back of our minds. Over the past 12 years we've had chickens, raised a pig for meat, we've had bees and meat rabbits, and we realized this is what we truly want from life, a simple self reliant life style.
In February I asked Jeremy what he really wanted out of life in the next 10 years. We have never felt settled in any of the places we've lived, And talking we realized now is the time to settle down with some land for animals, and room for the kids to run. Oklahoma was calling to us.
We took all of February to really pray and think about how we felt. It felt right,... scary, but the right move for our family, and Oklahoma was the place to do it. We headed out to Oklahoma for a visit and enjoyed our family and felt sure this was the place for us.
We're looking for a job and keeping an eye on the land and homes for sale. We are trying to be patient and not rush the lords timing, I'll admit it's hard for me, when I know what I want I'm ready to jump in.
Now would be a good time to pick up with our story and continue to share our adventurers in looking for the life we want.