Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Oh What A Day

It's been one of those days were you can't help but laugh as you say "What Next?" So it snowed all day, and I knew the drive way needed to be cleared...our drive way is, oh the size of a football field...and our snow blower wont work because the snow is to wet...yes wet so I had to shovel by hand each shovel full is like 20 lb.
Ethan wanted to play out in the snow while I shoveled, well as I'm finishing up shoveling I look up our drive way to see Ethan, can't see him....I go to see if he has gone inside, yes indeede he has, and I find him on the counter eating candy out of a cup I have in the window seal....At least he took off his boots before climbing on the counter. So we eat lunch watch Sesame Street and things are okay for a while, Addisons happy Ethans reading his books. Addie goes down for another nap....time to shovel once more so I give Ethan the option to come play in the snow or watch T.V.....did I even need to ask? So he's watching Bob the Builder as Jeremy and I shovel the snow, now I tell Ethan "Do not climb on the counter or you will sit in time out" I come in to check on Ethan, the second I see the T.V off I know it can't be good...Ethan is on the counter and has completely emptied the newly filled flour jar, oh yes, time out! I go out side to tell Jer that Ethan is in time out and I need to clean up the mess, I come back in and this is what I see.... That is not paint...nope that's blood, yes blood, (we often have bloody noses around here must be the dry air...and Ethan's little finger)...I was out side for just a min. and this is what I get! So we get all cleaned up, and now Ethan wants to play out side...

Jeremy snowboarding off the garage


Ethan being cute!

We even built a snowman...So I'm thinking things are looking better,...Well we come in to make dinner and Ethan is tiered and hungry, Addison's hungry and screaming, E has Dipper rash but won't let me change his dipper... and Jeremy's still out side, I finally get dinner done and I'm tiered by now, so after dinner I tell E, "You have 5 min. then it's time for bed."
I start washing the dishes and the lights go out,
I turn to Jeremy, "What?"...
Ethan had found the breaker box and flipped the switches...Okay it's time for bed...... Oh what a day!

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! That sounds like a long long LONG day!! Ha ha ha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we??? That would be great! Oh hippie soup!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All-too-familiar
    ...only not the bloody nose bit, that's a new one ;) Glad you were able to make light of it and find humor in it all. Way to be a Mom!!!!

    ReplyDelete